In coordination with the City of Wilsonville, the Willamette Water Supply Program (WWSP) team will begin building improvements in and around the Willamette River Water Treatment Plant (WRWTP) in Wilsonville in 2020. These improvements include:
- Improved pump station that will increase pumping capacity and supply water to the new Willamette Water Supply System (WWSS) water treatment plant near Sherwood.
- Seismically reinforce the Willamette River bank to prevent slope failure to preserve the intake structure and help maintain operations after a large earthquake.
- Increased intake capacity through new fish screens to allow additional water to be withdrawn from the Willamette River to accommodate planned growth.
- New electrical building and standby power (north of existing WRWTP) to add reliability in case of outages and provide power to pump water to the WWSS water treatment plant near Sherwood.
- A new raw water pipeline will be constructed through the WRWTP Park to the new WWSS water treatment plant near Sherwood.