The Metzger Pipeline East (MPE_1.0) merges already planned construction by the Tualatin Valley Water District (TVWD) into ongoing plans for the Willamette Water Supply System and the City of Beaverton. The project more efficiently utilizes TVWD and City of Beaverton infrastructure to maximize cost-effectiveness and reduce community and environmental impacts from construction.
The project enhances the reliability and seismic resiliency of drinking water service for City of Beaverton and Tualatin Valley Water District (TVWD) customers. Construction of this new system provides jobs and benefits the local economy today and is designed to withstand a large earthquake or other natural disaster so that water service can be restored quickly and our communities can recover sooner.
Those living, traveling, working, and shopping along portions of SW Scholls Ferry Road, SW Hall Boulevard, SW Cascade Avenue, SW Allen Boulevard and Western Avenue can expect various construction activities from the fall of 2021 until the fall of 2024.
Current Traffic Impacts
- Beaverton Hillsdale Highway. Work areas at Western Avenue and near Jamieson Rd, January-April 2024. (flyer)
- Upper Fanno Creek tunnel crossing. Traffic impacts on Scholls Ferry Rd. at the north end of Merry Ln. and in front of Brookside Apartments. (flyer)
- Scholls Ferry Rd, 135th Ave. to Murray Blvd. Night work (flyer)
- Scholls Ferry Road, Roy Rogers Rd. intersection area. (flyer)
Upcoming Traffic Impacts
- Scholls Ferry Road, Roy Rogers Rd to Murray Blvd. Day work.