The Metzger Pipeline East (MPE_1.0) merges already planned construction by the Tualatin Valley Water District (TVWD) into ongoing plans for the Willamette Water Supply System and the City of Beaverton. The project more efficiently utilizes TVWD and City of Beaverton infrastructure to maximize cost-effectiveness and reduce community and environmental impacts from construction.
The project enhances the reliability and seismic resiliency of drinking water service for City of Beaverton and Tualatin Valley Water District (TVWD) customers. Construction of this new system provides jobs and benefits the local economy today and is designed to withstand a large earthquake or other natural disaster so that water service can be restored quickly and our communities can recover sooner.
Those living, traveling, working, and shopping along portions of SW Scholls Ferry Road, SW Hall Boulevard, SW Cascade Avenue, SW Allen Boulevard and Western Avenue can expect various construction activities from the fall of 2021 until the fall of 2024.
Current Traffic Impacts
- SW Scholls Ferry Road north of Crystal St. (flyer), Road reduced to single lane with flaggers managing traffic for south and northbound travel, 9 am to 3 pm.
- Whitford Middle School to McKay Elementary School construction (flyer). Expect heavy traffic congestion. Carpooling and using buses to and from school is encouraged.
- Greenway Park area periodic single lane closures during tunnel and pipeline operations. (flyer)
- Utility and telecommunication line relocation activity. (flyer)
Upcoming Traffic Impacts
- Upper Fanno Creek tunnel crossing. Traffic impacts on Scholls Ferry Road at the north end of Merry Lane and in front of Brookside Apartments.