The Metzger Pipeline East (MPE_1.0) merges already planned construction by the Tualatin Valley Water District (TVWD) into ongoing plans for the Willamette Water Supply System and the City of Beaverton. The project more efficiently utilizes TVWD and City of Beaverton infrastructure to maximize cost-effectiveness and reduce community and environmental impacts from construction.
The project enhances the reliability and seismic resiliency of drinking water service for City of Beaverton and Tualatin Valley Water District (TVWD) customers. Construction of this new system provides jobs and benefits the local economy today and is designed to withstand a large earthquake or other natural disaster so that water service can be restored quickly and our communities can recover sooner.
Those living, traveling, working, and shopping along portions of SW Scholls Ferry Road, SW Hall Boulevard, SW Cascade Avenue, SW Allen Boulevard and Western Avenue can expect various construction activities from the fall of 2021 until the fall of 2024.
Current Traffic Impacts
- Hall Boulevard night work from SW Scholls Ferry Road to SW Oleson Road begins June 5th (flyer)
- SW Allen Boulevard from SW Scholls Ferry Road to SW Western Avenue, Old Scholls Ferry Road, SW Elm Avenue. Night work through July. (flyer)
- Upper Fanno Creek tunnel crossing. Traffic impacts on Scholls Ferry Road at the north end of Merry Lane and in front of Brookside Apartments. (flyer)
- Whitford Middle School staging area (flyer).
- Greenway Park area periodic single lane closures during tunnel and pipeline operations. (flyer)
- Greenway Park to 135th Avenue. Night work (flyer)
Upcoming Traffic Impacts
check back soon
Now Playing in the Lounge