About the Willamette Water Supply
- Tualatin Valley Water District (TVWD) and the City of Hillsboro are partnering to build the Willamette Water Supply System, an additional, resilient and redundant water supply for Washington County. The new system will be completed in 2026. Other water providers in the region are considering participating in the Program.
- There is enough water for today—but steps need to be taken now to have an adequate supply to meet future demand and provide greater reliability. Water conservation alone is not enough.
- The mid-Willamette River, one of Oregon’s largest rivers, is the new supply source. A state-of-the-art water filtration plant will use multiple treatment processes to produce top quality drinking water.
- When complete, the Willamette Water Supply System will be one of Oregon’s most seismically-resilient water systems – built to better withstand natural disasters, protect public health and speed regional economic recovery through restoring critical services more quickly.
- Close coordination with local jurisdictions – and building the pipeline at the same time as road projects – is lessening traffic and construction impacts and reducing project costs.
- Construction is underway. This project provides jobs for local construction workers, material suppliers and supporting services.
- When complete, this new reliable water supply will support our area’s thriving business community, as well as provide a stable water supply for present and future generations who call this area home.